Best Las Vegas Sports Books - The Top 5 for Best Service
The quality of service isn't usually the first thing one thinks of when deciding where to make their $50 bet on an NFL Sunday, but there are sports books in Las Vegas that go the extra mile when it comes to catering to the customer. Whether it's a courteous ticket writer who isn't stingy with free drink tickets or the cocktail server that swings by regularly, for many, the service provided by a Vegas sports book is as important as the betting line - and well it should be. The hours one spends in Sin City are valuable, and while taking in all of the sports action, a great sports book experience is what it's all about. The Vegas Parlay presents the Top 5 Vegas Sports Books with the best service.
5. PARISAlthough there certainly is nothing wrong with this spot, Paris isn't usually mentioned among the heavy hitters in Las Vegas sports book land. But when it comes to service, Paris is right up there. You will find friendly ticket writers who happily hand over drink tickets and cocktail servers who are polite and attentive. Having the Le Bar du Sport (That's sports bar in French) directly adjacent to the sports betting area certainly helps with the speed of drink service. Whether it's mellow weekday horse racing or a crazy weekend during March Madness, Paris is a solid choice if customer service is something you're looking for.
4. MIRAGEThe Mirage is solid on all levels, and their customer service is among the reasons why The Mirage sports book has been considered one of the best in Las Vegas for over 20 years. The ticket writers are liberal with free drink coupons and the cocktail service is always top notch. Arguably, this spot is one of the best spots for March Madness as you can hear the "roar" from the crowd throughout the casino. Even during busy sports days when the crowds of sports fans and sports bettors are present, the staff here do things right. The Mirage is always a solid option.
3. LVHThe LVH has a cult following amongst locals and tourists "in the know" because of better odds, reduced vig, its SuperBook NFL contest, and the 1,000 + seat LVH Theater that becomes party central for NFL fans on Sundays. What also makes the LVH popular is the service. Don't let the long lines worry you, the ticket writers move things along during busy sports days. Also, the LVH doesn't bother itself or its customers with drink tickets. As long as you have a betting ticket visible, it is all you will need for the cocktail server to ask your pleasure. The LVH caters to the sports bettor like no other sports book in Las Vegas - even though its off-strip location is a bit off of the beaten path, a short cab ride or monorail trip (the Las Vegas monorail has a stop at The LVH) would be well worth it. The sports book director, Jay Kornegay, does things right as far as catering to the sports betting aficionado. Thumbs up to the LVH.
2. CAESARS PALACEThe iconic Caesars Palace Sports Book is a place that all sports fans must visit during a trip to Sin City. This classic spot has some of the best service on the strip for horse racing and sports bettors. The ticket writers are some of the friendliest in town, and it's the kind of place where some of them will actually call you by your first name. On a recent weekend visit, one of the ticket writers (can't miss him - friendly guy from New York and the east coast accent is well present) was calling me by my first name by the end of the day and the complimentary drink tickets were plentiful. The cocktail service is always consistent and the bartenders at the nearby bar are friendly as can be whether you are ordering a beer or a sprite - the Caesars Palace Sportsbook does it right.
1. WYNNThe classy Wynn sports book makes the top of our list - it is difficult to find flaws with this operation, and the Wynn/Encore property in general, when everything is first class and customer service is a priority. The sports book host will happily find you a seat during busy sports days and the ticket writers are attentive and friendly. The sports book bosses have no heart burn when it comes to getting your action in even when your game has just started... you will find few places that will allow their customers to make a bet after the game starts. The cocktail servers are classy and accommodating. The adjacent Zoozacrackers deli will bring your order directly to your seat. First class all the way, and the Wynn is #1 on The Vegas Parlay's list of the top sports books with the best service.
Honorable Mentions: Bellagio, Mandalay Bay, Monte Carlo, Excalibur, Gold Coast.