Ice Hockey Equipments
Ice Hockey equipments have two categories: player and referee equipment. There are helmet, chest protector, elbow pads, gloves, knee pads, pants, leg guards and goalkeeper helmet. All players must wear hockey helmets; referee and sideline judges may also wear a helmet. IIHF approves that in the games of 20-year-old or below 20 years of age, all players must wear full protection mask, and its structure should be able to stop the ice hockey or ice edge. All protective gear (except gloves, helmets and goalkeeper leg guard) must all be worn inside of the sportswear. If the Gloves were taking off or partially, they will be subject to a small fine. All goalkeepers' protective gear is to protect their head or body, and it does not allow any unlawful equipment that can give help to the goalkeeper.
Here we look at them one by one:
1. Ice Hockey helmet. Helmet can be divided into two parts: full coverage (iron network that can cover the entire face) and semi-cover (made of glass to cover the eyes). In women's ice hockey and youth hockey games, the players must wear full coverage. In men's ice hockey games, they can both wear full coverage and the half-covered helmets.
2. Ice Hockey chest protector.Chest protector is a principal member of Ice Hockey equipments, which plays the role to protect the body from chest and shoulders. Good chest protector should have the characteristics of light weight and good permeability. Every manufacturer has different products, such as EASTON chest protector with an air cushion, CCM chest protector with a buffer function. The main brands are: CCM, BAUER, JOFA, EASTON, ITECH and so on.
3. Ice Hockey elbow pads. The elbow is the most vulnerable parts of the body, the elbow pads should have a hard external shell; inside it should have soft sponge. Its characteristics are similar to chest protector, and they enjoy the same manufacturers, such as CCM, BAUER, JOFA, EASTON, ITECH and so on.
4. Ice Hockey pants. It can protect the hips and thighs from ice hockey injuries. A perfect Hockey pants should have baffle stiff, light weight and good porosity. The main brands are: CCM, BAUER, EASTON, LOUISVILLE etc.
5. Ice Hockey knee pads. The knee is the first part to touch the land after a skater fell significantly; it can be easily injured as elbow, so the characteristics of leg pads and elbow pads are essentially the same. Leg pads are mainly used to protect the knee and lower leg from injuring. In the Leg pads there also are added the cushion and latex, etc. The main brands are: CCM, BAUER, EASTON, JOFA and so on.